If you are about to have oral surgery, then we have tips for you! Oral surgery is an important process that needs to be taken seriously. To help you with your surgery, our team is happy to share with you some information on what to keep in mind during your recovery process.
First, our doctor, Dr. Clell M. Morris, is here to help you with every step of your process. That is why our team at Forsyth Dental Center in Forsyth, Georgia, encourages you to ask questions, so you can feel safe about the procedure ahead.
Here are some brief tips on oral surgery and information on how to recover.
– Listen to your doctor about all after-care instructions and what to expect afterward. Follow your doctor’s advice entirely in all directions to receive the best results after surgery.
– Always take recommended medications to avoid complications and help with pain.
– Attend your follow-up appointments. These arrangements are planned to make sure you are healing correctly and avoiding all infections after surgery. If you miss these appointments, you are putting yourself at risk for serious complicates and delays in your recovery.
– Stay away from all alcohol and tobacco use during the entire recovery process. The main reason is that it can hinder your medications. Tobacco can also cause difficulties because it slows down the healing process in your body. It is always ideal to dismiss all tobacco use habits.
– Rest well. Remember to get a lot of rest so your body can heal well. Sleep is the critical factor in healing and providing yourself proper time to recover before jumping back too soon into your daily life.
– Before surgery, be sure to talk to your specialist about what food and drink restrictions you may have to prepare beforehand.
As you can see, there are many things you can do to help the process along. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call our team at 478-994-0440 to make an appointment. Our team looks forward to providing you help and is pleased to help you.