Just as it’s never too late to restore your smile, it’s never too early to take the steps necessary to protect it. In order to adequately guard your smile, it is important to make sure your teeth and gums are safe from any tooth hazards that can arise. Although oral accidents and injuries cannot always be prevented, it is important to still build a safe and effective tooth hazard prevention plan to guarantee your smile the greatest chance of oral health care success. Listed below are tooth hazards to take note of:
– Avoid unhealthy habits such a smoking, which can stain your teeth, lead to bad breath, and promote cancer and tooth loss.
– A bad habit that is often present in many individuals and can do dental damage is biting and chewing on your nails.
– Be aware that drinking coffee has been known to stain and yellow teeth.
– Bad habits such as chomping on inedible products such as pens, pencils, and pen caps greatly weaken your teeth and can potentially lead to chips and cracks.
– Be advised that numerous drinks can eat away at your tooth enamel due to acids within them, including substances such as red and white wines.
Make sure to take diligent care of your oral health, so that your smile can last for ages. For more information about tooth hazards, or to schedule a comprehensive oral examination with Dr. Clell M. Morris and our team at Forsyth Dental Center, give us a call at (478) 994-0440 . Our dentist office is suitably located in Forsyth, Georgia.