Are you considering a lip or tongue ring? Do you feel that the addition of mouth jewelry in your life is a necessity? Be aware if you were thinking about receiving a piece of mouth jewelry of the potential ailments and risks that come along with it. Listed below are various oral health risks that come along with mouth jewelry:
– Mouth jewelry can lead to lacerations within your lips, tongue, or gums.
– Mouth jewelry can cause permanent nerve damage due to tongue rings being placed improperly.
– Mouth jewelry can lead to serious infections including endocarditis and hepatitis.
– Mouth jewelry can cause potential cracks and chips in your teeth.
– Mouth jewelry can lead to choking hazards that arise from pieces breaking off and becoming lodged in your throat.
– Mouth jewelry can cause serious facial malformations if large rings are ripped or torn from your mouth.
– Mouth jewelry can cause tooth enamel damage due to wear over time.
If you notice signs of damage due to mouth jewelry, visit our office for additional oral health care. Forsyth Dental Center remains committed to your oral health. You are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling 478-994-0440 . Stop by our dentist office in Forsyth, Georgia, and Dr. Clell M. Morris and our team will give you the treatment you need. Dental damage can be conquered, so feel free to come see us today.